THE APPLICATIONS AND TRYOUT FOR THE 2023-2024 SEASON HAVE CONCLUDED.
There had been a record number of applicants once again and we thank you for your interest in the program. The future of Richmond Hill's officiating program is bright.
1. If you are interested in applying to become a referee, please fill out the application and submit
2. TRYOUT DATE: JUNE 14, 2023 AT TOM GRAHAM ARENA (WEST PAD)
7:30PM - 9:00PM: OFF ICE
9:00PM - 10:30PM: ON - ICE
What you can expect on the date of tryouts:
- Overview of being a Referee at the Richmond Hill Hockey Referee's Association
- Icebreaker discussion
- Individual Interviews
- On-Ice skill assessment and drills (skating, referee and hockey drills)
- Opportunity to ask questions to leadership and current referees
Paper and a pen
Full hockey gear for on-ice (and a hockey stick)
3. If selected to be a member of the RHHRA you will be required to attend all meetings.
4. You will be required to attend an OMHA certification clinic as well as any RHHA development clinics.
5. All newly accepted referee's will also be required certify as Timekeepers for the upcoming season.
6. Thank you for your interest in the RHHRA, we look forward to seeing you at the tryout and hopefully on staff for the
NOTE 1* ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT AN ONLINE APPLICATION PRIOR TO ATTENDING TRYOUTS
NOTE 2* DO NOT BOOK A HOCKEY CANADA CLINIC UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE TRYOUT PROCESS AND YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED ON STAFF
NOTE 3* THERE WILL BE NO ALTERNATE DATE FOR TRYOUTS AND NO EXCEPTIONS MADE FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO ATTEND
NOTE 4* APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS OF AGE BY DECEMBER 31st, 2023 IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR A REFEREE POSITION
NOTE 5* PLEASE NOTE THERE MAY BE A LIMITED NUMBER OF HIRES AND APPLICANTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED A POSITION ON STAFF
If you have any questions email Matthew Sgromo at [email protected].
PLEASE NOTE: All communication in regard to referee applications and tryouts must be sent from the APPLICANT.