HOUSE LEAGUE INFORMATION UPDATE
Submitted By webmaster on Thursday, September 08, 2016
Welcome to the 2016 Hockey Season!1. Evaluation Skates for TYKE; NOVICE; ATOM; PEEWEE; BANTAM
Evaluation skates for the above divisions will commence the week of September 19. The schedule is being worked on and will be posted within the next week. Once the schedule has been posted you will receive an email notification. After the evaluation skates have been completed, you will be notified what your team # is. At that time the schedule for the complete season will be posted.
2. MITE DIVISION START DATE
The Mite division start date will be on Saturday September 24. You will be notified by your convenor and/or coach once the teams have been allocated.
3. MID-JUV START DATE
The Mid-Juv division start date will be on Sunday October 2. You will be notified by your convenor and/or coach once the teams have been allocated.
4. HOUSE LEAGUE CONVENORS NEEDED!!
We are still in need of a Novice and Peewee convenor! If you can help out please contact Paul Hillsdon at: [email protected]
5. CUSTOM MOUTH GUARD CLINIC
Mouth guards are part of the mandatory equipment. RHHA will be hosting a Custom Mouth Guard clinic for anyone who wishes. Please see attached flyer for dates/times CUSTOM MOUTH GUARD CLINIC
6. BIRTH CERTIFICATES
If you are a first time registrant please remember your child's birth certificate must be submitted/seen by our office. For instructions please click here: BIRTH CERTIFICATES
7. PARENT RESPECT IN SPORT CLINIC
Just a reminder for new registrants. For more information on the mandatory Parent Respect In Sport clinic: PARENT RIS CLINIC
8. EARLY BIRD TOURNAMENT LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS
Our Early Birds & Select tournaments are our associations only fundraiser. Unlike most of the other associations around us, we don't ask you to sell anything! We don't have dances, golf tournaments or any other fundraising that can turn into a financial burden for parents. We only ask that you give us a few hours to help ensure our tournaments are run properly.
Our tournaments bring in approx $70K per season. Along with keeping general costs down, a good portion goes to our HL Development Program and free Jamie McGuire goalie clinic.
* The volunteer work is very easy - any rep parent will be able to handle it without any problems. Most parents who have previously volunteered have had a great time. It's a very social experience!
* Our arenas have free wifi so you can bring whatever electronic device you wish
* We feed you with free snack bar food
* Students (either our older hockey players or any siblings) can also volunteer and get hours to go toward their required school Community Service hours. Parent must be with the student as they cannot be there alone.
* Friday's are our biggest challenge to fill. There are many parents who are stay at home moms/dads or work from home and can slip out for a few hours. Help please!!!
If you would be able to donate a couple of hours, here is the link with the volunteer time slots: If the link does not work, copy and paste the url into your web browser.
A TOURNAMENT (Sept 15-18, 2016)